Tuesday, March 21, 2017

May 19th: The Art of Living




What a bang-up year this had been. 

I'd started training as a ninja, discovered I was a witch, found out I was pregnant, had the father walk off and basically tell me to screw off. I discovered a best friend, a new cousin, got a new job, managed another New York Times best selling novel. I put on a mask and became a superhero, got to fly with another one, and was currently writing hilarious news pieces about myself and my cousin as superheroes while hiding in plain sight. 

After all that, I thought that life would calm down. 

I was naive. And I was not prepared for what was coming. Sometimes being a superhero didn't always mean you had to wear a mask.

But after mastering the art of dying, it was time for me to start learning the art of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment